Remix each of the 2 components (parts A and B) every time before using.
1. Mixing the two components
To 100 parts of BLUESIL RT GEL 8213 A add 100 parts of BLUESIL RT GEL 8213 B.
The two components are thoroughly mixed either manually or using a mechanical mixer, on a low speed setting so as to limit the inclusion of air in the mixture.
It is recommended to carry out degassing at a vacuum of 30 to 50 mbar possibly releasing the vacuum once or twice in the chamber. Considering the reactivity of the blend, this operation must be carried out at a temperature of 20 to 23°C.
When processing large quantities, it is better to use a machine for processing two-component silicones with a static mixer.
Comment: Certain materials that the RT GEL may be in contact with when curing could inhibit the reaction:
- Sulphur-cured natural and synthetic rubber compounds
- RTV's catalysed with metal salts
- PVC stabilized with tin salts
- Epoxydes catalysed with amines
If in doubt, it is recommended to carry out a test beforehand.
BLUESIL RT GEL 8213 A
BLUESIL RT GEL 8213 A&B is a two component, polyaddition reaction, room temperature curing silicone elastomer. Curing can be accelerated by heat.
After mixing the two components BLUESIL RT GEL 8213 A&B forms a fluid liquid which transforms into a soft and transparent GEL once cured. Curing does not give off any heat.
- EASY PROCESSING, due to the good fluidity of parts A and B and their mixing ratio (A/B = 1).
- GOOD FLOWABILITY
- TRANSLUCENT (good optical transmission).
- QUICK SETTING, accelerated by heat
- SELF ADHESION to many surfaces
- OUTSTANDING DIELECTRIC PROPERTIES.
- GOOD THERMAL RESISTANCE IN CONFINED SPACES (even above 100°C)
- OUTSTANDING PROTECTION OF COATED EQUIPMENT against mechanical strain due to temperature variations and vibrations
BLUESIL RT GEL 8213 A&B is particularly recommended for applications which not required a self-exuding effect.
- Protection of electronic units by potting
- Protection of semi-conductor junctions
- Anti-vibration systems