Producing glass fibre laminates:
BLUESIL RES 8170P must be used with the addition of a catalyst to accelerate the polymerisation:
- 1 to 2 ml of BLUESIL SICCATIF 15 for of resin as delivered
- 1 to 2 ml of Zinc Octoate for of resin as delivered
Remark: When producing thick section parts (> ) the two catalysts can be mixed to avoid risks of cracking.
For information purposes, good results are obtained using the following processing procedure and conditions:
Dilute the catalysed BLUESIL RES 8170P with an aromatic hydrocarbon solvent, so as to obtain a retention rate of approx. 45 to 58 % (expressed in terms of dry matter relative to the fabric) after full immersion in an impregnation bath;
- Evaporate the solvents and precure by heating for 10 minutes at around 100/115°C.
- Bind impregnated matter at a pressure of 5,000 to 8,000 kPa for 3 hours at a temperature of 170/180 °C.
- Demould after cooling.
- Post cure the laminates in an oven, heated gradually from 100 to (rising by an hour) then maintain at for 12 hours.
If no oven post-curing is performed, keep in the heated press for one hour (instead of 3 hours) at 170/180 °C, then raise the temperature to and maintain at pressure for 6 hours. Demould when cold.
|Avoid discharge into drains, water courses or onto the ground. Store in a cool, dry place with adequate ventilation. Keep away from incompatible materials, open flames, and high temperatures. Nitrogen blanketing of containers is required. Avoid contact with oxidizing agents. Suitable containers: Steel drums coated with epoxy-resin.||请查阅这个产品的物质安全数据表||欧盟《电气、电子设备中限制使用某些有害物质指令》;欧盟《报废电子电气设备指令》|
BLUESIL RES 8170P
BLUESIL RES 8170P is a methyl-phenyl silicone resin in a 70 % toluene solution.
BLUESIL RES 8170P is used to manufacture rigid insulators in the high pressure process: laminates based on glass fabric, mica (mica paper), mica/glass composite fabric and asbestos. It offers outstanding mechanical properties.