Both Ultra Violet light and Electron Beam curing must be carried out under an oxygen-deficient atmosphere (typically below 100ppm and preferably below 50ppm residual O2). Components should be well mixed before use.
Consult ELKEM Silicones for technical assistance in the selection of appropriate photoinitiators and conditions of irradiation (power, spectrum.etc.) for UV processing.
- SILCOLEASE UV ADD 151 UV/EB Silicone Polymer:
Combined with other Silicones from the 100 series ADD 151 works as an anchorage promotor.
- SILCOLEASE UV POLY 110 UV/EB Silicone Polymer:
This acrylate-modified silicone polymer builds the performance architecture of the system and combines fast and complete cure speed with excellent adhesion to substrate liners. Its optimized balance of acrylate functionality and di-methyl silicone sequences provides stable release performance. SILCOLEASE UV POLY 110 can be used in combination with SILCOLEASE UV ADD 151 to produce specific release levels required against the adhesive used.
SILCOLEASE UV RCA 170 UV/EB RCA-Minus:
A "low release modifier" which exhibits outstanding premium release stability against aggressive adhesive materials. This "low release modifier", when blended with SILCOLEASE UV POLY 110 at 5 to 30 % addition level, allows to achieve unique stable release performance. It is also active under EB irradiation.
Some pure acrylate thinners (reactive diluents) may be used as well to reduce the viscosity of the bath. Contact ELKEM Silicones for use of appropriate thinner.
SUGGESTED STARTING FORMULATIONS
Parts by weight:
- SILCOLEASE UV ADD 151 acrylate silicone Adhesion Promoter: 0-30
- SILCOLEASE UV POLY 110 acrylate silicone polymer: 70-100
- SILCOLEASE UV RCA 170: 0-30
- Free Radical Photoinitiator: 1-3
|SILCOLEASE UV ADD 151 may be stored at temperatures between -20°C / -4°F and 30°C / 86°F for up to 24 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
SILCOLEASE UV ADD 151
SILCOLEASE UV ADD 151 UV/EB silicone system is a 100% reactive release coating chemistry based on acrylate-modified silicone copolymer technology. Instantaneous and complete cure is achieved by simply passing the coating under either UV light or Electron Beam.
SILCOLEASE UV ADD 151 UV/EB silicone polymer can be used in combination with SILCOLEASE UV 100 series as an adhesion promoter.
Due to the sensitivity to oxygen inhibition of the free radical acrylate silicone crosslinking mechanism, cure must be carried out inside a nitrogen-inerted environment.
- Good component compatibility.
- Very long bath life stability.
- Room temperature processing which enables coating on thermally sensitive substrates.
- Instantaneous cure leading to high production line speeds.
- Acrylate silicone chemistry giving little or no sensitivity to substrate inhibition or high moisture.
- No need for paper re-moisturisation.
- Optimized polymer architecture ensuring excellent anchorage to substrates.
- Improves the hardness (or friction resistance) of the coating.
- Very little impact on release.
RELEASE COATINGS for :
- Hygienic applications (sanitary napkins, diapers, etc…)
- Adhesive protectors (labels, tapes etc….)
- Linerless labels (thermal labels, overprint application…)
- Industrial type backings (roofing, process liner etc...)
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America