SILCOLAPSE 7140 can be used as delivered, or pre-diluted in water or in the foaming medium. In this case, the water is added to the antifoam slowly with slight stirring (do not use high shear mixers).
It is recommended not to dilute it less than 1% active material content. Check the dilution stability.
The dilution thus obtained can be stored for 24 hours.
SILCOLAPSE 7140 is normally used at concentrations comprised between 10 and 500 mg per kg of the medium to be defoamed.
|SILCOLAPSE 7140 may be stored at temperatures between 2°C / 36°F and 30°C / 86°F for up to 12 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||Food Contact|
SILCOLAPSE 7140 is a non-ionic aqueous emulsion containing dimethylpoly- siloxane, and is highly effective for prevention, control and elimination of foam in aqueous media.
SILCOLAPSE 7140 has many applications in food industry. It can also be used in industrial applications requiring a high level of purity.
- Easy dispersion in aqueous media.
- High foam control capability in a wide variety of foaming media.
- Homogeneous and stable emulsion.
- Chemically inert with regards to the medium to be defoamed.
SILCOLAPSE 7140 is especially designed for:
- “Food Contact”, subject to different national regulations. For further information about relevant legislations, please contact our technical or sales staff.
- Important point: SILCOLAPSE 7140 cannot be used as “Food Additive”.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America