1. Mix Part A and Part B components according to recommended weight ratios.
The two components are thoroughly mixed using an electrical or pneumatic mixer, on a low speed setting so as to limit the inclusion of air in the mixture. A dispensing machine can also be used.
2. After mixing A and B parts, it is preferable to degas the product to eliminate the air bubbles that would be visible in the finished part and which would reduce the mechanical and dielectric properties. Degasing is generally carried out with a vacuum of 30 to 50 mbar releasing the vacuum several times during the operation. A recipient with a high diameter/height ratio is better suited to quick degasing however the height must be sufficient to contain the swelling of the elastomer under vacuum conditions.
3. BLUESIL ESA 7230 A&B is poured slowly and regularly. In the case of a high thickness coating operation, the casting must be made at the lowest point in the volume to be filled this avoids forming and including air bubbles in the volume. It should not be filled totally to allow expansion of the BLUESIL ESA 7230 A&B at service temperatures.
Certain materials that BLUESIL ESA 7230 A&B may be in contact with when curing could inhibit the reaction. Especially troublesome materials are: sulphur-containing cured natural and synthetic rubber compounds (neoprene, latex, SBR), tin catalyzed silicone rubbers, amine catalyzed epoxies, PVC stabilized with tin salts and some polyurethane elastomers.
|BLUESIL ESA 7230 A may be stored at temperatures between -20°C / -4°F and 30°C / 86°F for up to 12 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL ESA 7230 A
BLUESIL ESA 7230 A&B is a self-adhesive two-component heat curing liquid silicone elastomer which cures by a polyaddition reaction.
After polymerisation BLUESIL ESA 7230 A&B forms a translucent flexible adhesive film or gasket which is particulary resistant to thermal, climatic and environmental attack.
2 Part RTV
- Fully retains physical, chemical and electrical properties over a range of temperature between -45°C and +180°C.
- High insulation properties.
- Long pot life at room temperature (> 16 hours).
- Quick curing at elevated temperatures: 120°C to 150°C.
- Solventless technology.
- Low viscosity and easily pumpable for coating and covering application.
- Primerless adhesion on various surfaces.
BLUESIL ESA 7230 A&B is intended for bonding to metal and plastic surfaces in the automotive and household electrical goods industries:
- Sealing and protection of electronic casing by jointing and potting techniques.
- Insulating of electrical motors used for cooling and general control purposes. Starter motors, alternators, etc…
- Encapsulation of solar cells.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America