1. Mixing the two components
- Use preferably static mixing equipment to prevent bubbles and voids formation. In case of hand mixing, degas the mix under vacuum 3-5 kPa before processing the product.
- BLUESIL TCS 7513 A&B can be additivated with pigments and fillers, please contact Elkem Silicones' technical support for more information.
- The curing reaction can be inhibited by contact with certain materials containing metal salts (tin for example), amines or sulphur. A preliminary test is always recommended.
TCS 7513 A
TCS 7513 B
|Mixing ratio (by weight)||100||10|
Brookfield Viscosity of the blend, mPa.s
at 25°C - NFT 76102 - needle 6-speed 5 rpm-(approx.)
|3 000 |
|Pot life at 25°C, hours|
2. Curing and processing recommendations
- Curing of BLUESIL TCS 7513 A&B takes place at a temperature between 100°C and 200°C. As an indication, the curing time at 150°C is approximately 3 minutes. Time and temperature depend on the thickness of the coating and on the fabric.
- BLUESIL TCS 7513 A&B can be applied by knife coating, dip-coating, spraying, screen printing...
- Adhesion to substrate will depend upon the curing conditions. A preliminary test is recommended to determine optimum cure conditions, and a temperature ramp-up in industrial ovens is always preferred to avoid bubbles and ensure best adhesion.
- After use, packaging must be tightly closed and protected from possible moisture contamination to preserve material's properties. When packaging has been opened, material should be used rapidly.
|BLUESIL TCS 7513 B may be stored at temperatures between -20°C / -4°F and 40°C / 104°F for up to 12 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL TCS 7513 B
BLUESIL TCS 7513 A&B is a two-component heat curing liquid silicone elastomer which cures by a polyaddition reaction.
All products from the Textile Coating Silicone product line are specially engineered for textile coating applications.
Adhesion;Bio-compatibility;Coating;Fabric Coating;Hydrophobing;Primer;Protection;UV resistant;Water Repellency
2 Part RTV
Very low viscosity.
Allows addition of fillers.
Long bath life at room temperature (>16h).
High levels of penetration and encapsulation of the fibers.
High bond strength without primer on different textiles.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America