SILCOLAPSE A is as efficient in aqueous as in anhydrous systems. It can easily be dispersed in these systems as long as the appropriate diluent is used.
SILCOLAPSE A is normally used at concentrations of between 1 and 100 mg/kg of system to be defoamed. It can be used as it is, or if necessary be diluted to a concentration varying between 1 and 10% (slowly add 99 or 90 parts of the chosen diluent to between 1 and 10 parts of SILCOLAPSE A).
SILCOLAPSE A can also be emulsified with non ionic surfactants like stearates.
|SILCOLAPSE A may be stored at temperatures between -5°C / 23°F and 40°C / 104°F for up to 18 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||Food Contact|
SILCOLAPSE A is a 100% active compound based on Polydimethylsiloxane oil and silica.
This product is mainly intended for treatment of anhydrous and aqueous foaming systems and has many applications in food and industry.
- Very high foam control capability.
- Easy to use: it can be used as delivered or pre-diluted in a solvent or in part of the foaming system.
- Easy to disperse in most anhydrous and aqueous foaming systems.
- Outstanding behaviour in alkaline systems.
- Low dose efficiency, of around 1 to 100 mg per kg of system to be defoamed.
- Chemically inert with regards to the system to be defoamed...
· Food contact
SILCOLAPSE A is especially designed for “Food Contact”, subject to different national regulations. For further information about relevant legislations and chapters, please contact our technical or sales staff.
Important point: SILCOLAPSE A cannot be used as “Food Additive”.
· Chemistry and Oil
- Distillation, extraction or evaporation operations.
- Manufacture of adhesives and glues.
- Various applications.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America