It is advised to remix both base and catalyst before mixing them together.
1. Mixing of the two components
To 100 parts of BLUESIL RTV 3325 add 5 parts of the selected catalyst.
The two components are thoroughly mixed either using an electrical or pneumatic mixer on a low speed setting so as to limit the inclusion of air in the mixture as well as temperature rise.
After mixing base and catalyst, it is recommended to degas to eliminate entrapped air.
If the processing is done with the help of a machine both parts are degassed before mixing.
The BLUESIL RTV 3325 is degassed under vacuum pressure of 30 to 50 mbar.
Under vacuum pressure, the product will expand 3 at 4 times its initial volume and forms bubble on its surface.
This bubble will disappear gradually and the mixture will sink back down to its initial volume within 5 to 10 minutes. Release the vacuum and repeat the operation a few minutes later.
Remark: release the vacuum several times improves the degassing. For easier degassing only fill a recipient to 1/3 of its height.
3. Cross linking
The best curing conditions are at 23 °C and 50 % relative humidity. The use of products at higher temperatures and/or relative humidity levels will reduce the pot life and increase the setting rate. As opposed to this, lower temperatures and relative humidity levels will increase the pot life and decrease the setting time. It is recommended not to use the product at temperatures below 20 °C; under these conditions, the final product performance levels will be difficult to achieve.
At 23 °C and 50 % relative humidity, the membranes can be demolded after 16 to 24 hours. In order to achieve the best possible performance levels from the membranes, it is preferable to wait for 24 hours before using them. The definitive properties will be acquired after 3 days.
|BLUESIL RTV 3325 may be stored for up to 24 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL RTV 3325
The BLUESIL RTV 3325 is a silicone elastomer which, after the addition of a catalyst, cures at room temperature and leads to a flexible and elastic material.
2 Part RTV
- Good fluidity.
- Excellent mechanical properties, in particular tear strength.
- Excellent flexibility and its low modulus facilitate the mould release.
- Range of catalysts allowing the BLUESIL RTV 3325 to fulfill the requirements for various applications:
- BLUESIL CATA 24H: standard kinetics (24 hours mould release)
- BLUESIL CATA 6H: fast kinetics ( 6 hours mould release)
- BLUESIL CATA SPE: special catalyst with high polyester resistance
- BLUESIL CATA THIXO: thixotropic catalyst
These catalysts have the advantage of being odourless.
Moulds for the production of parts made of different materials, such as plaster, wax, acrylic resin, polyester resin, epoxy resin, as well as silicone elastomers, with following application examples:
- Decoration items: cornices, , ornaments, statues,
- Figurines: toys, candles, statues, giftware,
- Furnishing: furniture and decorative parts
- Construction: decorative items, pavement, paving stone, columns
- Artistic foundries: molds for the lost wax casting technique
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America