Our trainee program, in short, offers the following:
• 3 missions of 8 months in Elkem's Group: R&D center or plant in France and in Norway from August 2018
• Local mentor and support from a Trainee Coordinator
• Trainee gatherings: start-up, plant visits, skiing in Iceland (every other year),
• Training: onboarding, on the job training, internal and external courses
• Individual development plan
• Events at universities
If you would like our Trainees' perspective on the program, visit the Elkem blog.
Permanent employment contract, including a 2-year trainee program
Do you want to contribute in the development of new products and processes related to silicon based solutions?
Elkem put in place a 2-year trainee program for engineers emphasizing on professional development and personal growth through challenging work assignments and projects, personal mentoring and an individual development plan. A permanent employment contract will be proposed.
Who are we looking for?
If the following is a description of you, do not hesitate to apply.
• Chemical or Chemical Engineering degrees from an engineering school or equivalent with great academic results within:
- Materials or polymer technology or
- Chemical engineering and process
• Excellent cooperator
• Accountable initiator
• Flexible when it comes to tasks and mobility and fluent in English
Recommendations are welcome to support your candidature.
When and where do I apply?
Elkem normally hire trainees in the second semester of the year. Start-up is the subsequent year. The application deadline for the next trainee program: mid - November 2017.
Please send your application to FRCareers@elkem.com