Elkem integrated solutions for NEV at China Powertrain Electrification and Innovation Summit
The 3rd China Powertrain Electrification and Innovation Summit was held in Shanghai from October 22nd to 23rd, a great opportunity to introduce Elkem integrated solutions tackling key challenges of Electric Vehicles (EV) value chain and discuss the market trends with industry experts and senior executives. Elkem Silicones AP R&D Director Richard Li delivered a speech on "Accelerating and Enhancing Power Battery's Safety, Efficiency and Reliability" for New Energy Vehicles (NEV) batteries and powertrain electronics.
This summit gathered 200+ EV experts from world famous OEMs, Tier 1&2 components suppliers, software solution suppliers and automotive battery manufacturers. Global consumers demand for cleaner energy, recent technology advancement as well as governmental support had a favorable impact on making NEV a "hot" market. China is one of the leading countries in market penetration, technology and value chain and started to boom since 2015, and total EV sales will reach 5.7 million by 2025. (20-25% of total vehicles).
Early on, Elkem chose to intensify its research and development efforts on the products that would best serve this market, for example by setting up a worldwide incubator. Silicones play an essential role in producing high-performance H&EV since they are used in a wide range of solutions for the assembly, integrity and protection of critical parts in these new vehicles:
- Thermally Conductive Silicones: thermal management is a major challenge in electric vehicle components, such as in batteries or electronic control units. To dissipate heat in high power applications, Elkem Silicones provides a wide range of thermal interface materials with several technologies.
- Thermal Insulation Solutions: Silicone foams provide light weight solutions with a very low thermal conductivity coefficient to ensure the battery's safety.
- High Purity Potting Materials: Potting and encapsulating materials to protect your sensitive electronics from moisture and other environmental hazards.
- Silicone Rubber: Environmental and aging performance, excellent electric properties and elasticity which make battery system designers job's easier.
- Graphite and Specialty Silicon Powders for Li Battery Anodes: Enhancing cyclability, charging time and capacity retention with a unique, patented, green hydropower-based process with lowest carbon footprint.
If you want to learn more about our H&EV offer, download our brochure or contact one of our experts!
About Elkem Silicones
Elkem Silicones has more than 3,500 employees dedicated to providing silicone solutions with a personal touch that deliver your potential. Elkem Silicones, a division of Elkem, is one of the world's leading fully integrated silicone suppliers, operating 13 multi-functional manufacturing sites and 13 R&D centers around the globe. Based in Lyon, France, Elkem Silicones offers a full range of silicone technologies for diverse specialty markets including aerospace, automotive, construction, consumer goods, energy, healthcare, paper, personal care and textiles. www.silicones.elkem.com
About Elkem ASA
Founded in 1904, Elkem is one of the world's leading suppliers of silicon-based advanced materials with operations throughout the value chain from quartz to specialty silicones, as well as attractive market positions in specialty ferrosilicon alloys and carbon materials. Elkem is a publicly listed company on the Oslo Stock Exchange (ticker code: ELK) and is headquartered in Oslo. The company has more than 6,370 employees with 29 production sites and an extensive network of sales offices worldwide. In 2019 Elkem had revenues of NOK 22.7 billion. To learn more, please visit www.elkem.com