1. Mixing of the two components
Add 100 parts of BLUESIL RT FOAM 3244 A to 100 parts of BLUESIL RT FOAM 3244 B.
Part A and Part B should be thoroughly mixed together. Vigorous and thorough mixing should be maintained for about 30 seconds. The mixed product should then be quickly dispensed into the desired application site.
For larger volume applications, BLUESIL RT FOAM 3244 A&B has been specifically designed with a favourable 1:1 mix ratio (both by weight or volume) to easily suit a robotic dispensing, where mixing is achieved by means of a dynamic mixer or rotative static mixer.
The type and degree of mixing and shear affect significantly the cell structure, cure and density of the final foam product.
Handling precaution: Immediately upon mixing BLUESIL RT FOAM 3244 A&B a chemical reaction takes place that results in the evolution of flammable hydrogen gas.
APPROPRIATE CAUTION SHOULD BE EXERCISED:
If Part B of BLUESIL RT FOAM 3244 A&B comes in contact with strong acid, bases or oxidising materials, it could generate hydrogen. Ensure that containers are properly closed after each use in order to avoid any contamination of the contents.
HYDROGEN GAS EVOLUTION: adequate ventilation must be provided to prevent localised build-up of hydrogen gas concentration upon curing or unforeseen contamination of part B. Keep away from sparks and open flames. Waste liquid material must be handled, disposed and stored considering this precautionary information, i.e. it should NOT be sealed in plastic bags and large quantities should not be allowed to accumulate.
2. Crosslinking & foaming
Be aware that contact with certain materials can inhibit the curing of BLUESIL RT FOAM 3244 A&B:
- Sulphur and its derivatives (e.g. natural rubbers vulcanized with sulphur).
- Ammonia and amines (e.g. amine cured epoxies, epoxy curing agents).
- Polycondensation RTV or PUR catalysed with metal salts.
- PVC stabilizing agents.
If doubts exist it's recommendable to run a quick test with a small quantity of material in order to assess compatibility. Take duly note that cross contamination due to not well cleaned tools or devices is frequently the main cause of inhibition.
The best way is to use only dedicated gear when processing polyaddition BLUESIL RT FOAM 3244 A&B.
|Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL RT FOAM 3244 A
BLUESIL RT FOAM 3244 A&B is a two-component silicone foam which cures at room temperature by an addition cure reaction.
When the A and B liquid components are thoroughly mixed in 1:1 ratio, the product expands and cures to a foamed elastomer at room temperature and can be accelerated by heating.
Protection;UV resistant;Adhesion;Gasketing;Sealing;Softness;Thermal Resistance;Fire Protection
2 Part RTV
- Easy processing by dynamic mixer or rotative static mixer.
- Easy curing: BLUESIL RT FOAM 3244 A&B crosslinks at temperatures above 18ºC even in the complete absence of air or humidity.
- The foaming can be accelerated by heating (Traditional oven or Infra-red lamps).
- Excellent maintain and behaviour under gasket/bead shape.
- Excellent heat stability up to 275°C: Temperature variation does not modify the properties to a significant degree. This product is stable and flexible.
- Low compression set.
- Fire retardant thermal insulation.
- The material expands without employing ozone depleting CFCs or other related blowing agents.
BLUESIL RT FOAM 3244 A&B is specifically designed for sealing and gasketing applications. Other suggested applications are like:
- Domestic appliance industry.
- Automatic installation of gaskets for the automotive.
- Enclosure for electrical equipment.
- Cushioning and damping when high temperature variation is involved.
Asia Pacific;Central and South America;Europe Middle East Africa;North America
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|