SILCOLAPSE 825 is efficient in aqueous and non-aqueous media.
SILCOLAPSE 825 is normally used at low concentrations between 1 and 100 mg/kg (or per litre). In pulp an paper applications typical use rates for 10 % emulsions are 100-2000 grams per ton of pulp.
SILCOLAPSE 825 can be:
- Formulated into an aqueous emulsion by using commercially available emulsifiers or silicone emulsifiers like BLUESIL SP 3300.
- Formulated with other Elkem SILCOLAPSE compounds in order to improve or change certain performance parameters.
- Formulated with hydrocarbon/oxygenated solvents for some aqueous/non aqueous media.
Regulation compliancy: compliant with some Food Contact Regulations, please contact us if more information or certificates are requested.
Contact your local Elkem Silicones Technical Services experts for any information.
|SILCOLAPSE 825 may be stored at a temperature between -20 °C/ -4 °F and 40 °C/ 104 °F for up to 12 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||Food Contact|
SILCOLAPSE 825 is a 100% active medium viscosity silicone foam control compound.
SILCOLAPSE 825 is part of family of high performance foam control compounds specially designed to control foam in aggressive foaming media with a very easy handling and processing.
- Excellent antifoam efficiency with long lasting foam control performance.
- High persistence even in alkaline conditions and at high temperatures.
- Highly efficient compared to conventional organic oil-based antifoams.
- Excellent pulp drainage.
SILCOLAPSE 825 is used as is or formulated into emulsions used to control foam in high foaming and chemically aggressive foaming media.
- Pulp industry:
Chemical pulping operations like digestion and brown stock washing.
- Oil & Gas industry:
Upstream and downstream processes.
- Aggressive Chemical Processes:
Any chemical process where standard performance antifoams provide only a marginal benefit.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America