1. Mixing the two components
The components A and B are mixed by weight in the above indicated ratio. The mixing can be
carried out either by hand or using a low-speed electric or pneumatic mixer to minimize the
introduction of air and to avoid any temperature increase. It is also possible to use a special mixing and dispensing machine for the two silicone components. Further information is available upon request.
The mixture should be degassed preferably at 30 to 50 mbar to eliminate any entrapped air. If a dispensing machine is used, the two components are degassed separately prior to mixing. The silicone mixture expands to 3 to 4 times of its initial volume and bubbles rise to the surface. The bubbles progressively disappear and the mixture returns to its initial volume after 5 to 10 minutes. Wait a few minutes to complete the degassing and then flash the vacuum. The silicone is ready for pouring, either by gravity or under low pressure.
Note: Flashing the vacuum once or twice accelerates the degassing. It is recommended to use a container with a high diameter / height ratio.
The system polymerizes at 23 °C. The curing may be slowed down by lowering the temperature and accelerated by adding heat.
Contact with certain materials can inhibit the crosslinking. See list below:
• natural rubbers vulcanized with sulphur,
• RTV 2 silicone elastomers catalyzed with metal salts, e.g. tin-compounds,
• PVC stabilized with tin salts and additives,
• epoxy resins catalyzed with amines,
• certain organic solvents, e.g. ketones, alcohols, ether etc.
In case of doubts, it is recommended to test the substrate by applying a small quantity of the mixed silicone on a restricted area.
|BLUESIL RTV 3645 A may be stored for up to 6 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL RTV 3645 A
BLUESIL RTV 3645 A/B is a two component silicone elastomer that crosslinks at room temperature by polyaddition reaction. The polymerization can be accelerated by heat. The silicone materials are delivered as two low viscous liquid components, which once mixed and cured, transform into an elastic and resistant material. Polymerization occurs without the evolution of heat.
2 Part RTV
• Very good mechanical properties
• Low viscosity
• Easy processing – mixing ratio 100 : 100
• Skins for robotic and animatronic figures
• Special Effects skins and props for the film industry
• Theme park props and reproduction molds
• Pressure pads – non-skin contact