Trial tests should be carried out to determine the quantity of antifoam needed to produce best results and assure no adverse interference with product or process performance. Testing should be started at 10 ppm and increased or decreased based on the results. For convenience, SILCOLAPSE ® 723 is designed to be used as is so no dilution is necessary. If needed, a 1% active solution can be maded by adding 29 parts water (or foaming solution) to 1 part SILCOLAPSE ® 723. Predilution at a level less than 1% is not recommended.
|PROTECT FROM FREEZING|
SILCOLAPSE ® 723 when stored in the original, unopened container between (5-40°C), can be
stored for 12 months from the date of manufacture. Beyond this date, Bluestar Silicones no
longer guarantees that the product meets the sales specifications.
|Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
SILCOLAPSE ® 723 is a non-ionic aqueous 30% active silicone antifoam and/or defoamer. It offers excellent antifoam and defoaming properties in a wide variety of aqueous applications including those with incidental food contact as well as food processing applications. The product effectively controls foam at concentrations as low as 10 ppm solids, even at elevated temperatures. The product gives good results at wide-ranging pH and provides a cost effective solution where foam is a problem.
- Easy to use – as supplied or pre-diluted in water or in the medium to be defoamed
- Cost efficient, effective in doses as low as 10 ppm
- Highly effective in most aqueous media, and at many pH levels
- Chemically inert in foaming systems – will not alter the properties of the foaming medium
- Heat resistant – works at application temperatures up to 120°C (248°F)
- Low viscosity allows it to be used with automatic metering systems
- Kosher certified
SILCOLAPSE ® 723 is a broad spectrum antifoaming and defoaming agent which can be used to
control or destroy foam in many industrial, food processing and food contact applications.
Typical applications in which it can be used include:
- Beverages, Juices, Sauces and Soup: Many food and beverage applications generate
foam, SILCOLAPSE ® 723 will reduce or eliminate foam problems during the processing of many
food and beverage applications
- Fruit and Vegetable Washing and Processing: Many fruit and vegetable processes
generate foam, SILCOLAPSE ® 723will reduce or eliminate foam in raw fruit and vegetable
washing, potato processing and sugar beet and sugar cane processing
- Dairy Products: Dairy and cheese production and processing can generate foam
SILCOLAPSE ® 723 will reduce or eliminate foam problems during the processing in many dairy
- Meat, Poultry and Seafood: Meat, poultry and seafood production and processing can
generate foam SILCOLAPSE ® 723 will reduce or eliminate foam problems in meat and poultry
rendering, egg washing and seafood processing and production
- Fats and oils: Production and processing materials into edible fats and oils can generate
foam SILCOLAPSE ® 723 will reduce or eliminate foam problems during processing and
- Water / Effluent Treatment: Aerobic and anaerobic water treatment; activated sludge
processes, food plant waste water treatment and cooling towers
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|