| 1. Mixing the two components|
- Some fillers may settle during transport and storage. To ensure uniform mix, the components should be re homogenized prior to use.
- Use preferably static mixing equipment to prevent bubbles and voids formation. In case of hand mixing, degas the mix under vacuum 3-5 kPa before processing the product.
- BLUESIL TCS 7537 system can be additivated with pigments and fillers, please contact Elkem Silicones' technical support for more information.
- The curing reaction can be inhibited by contact with certain materials containing metal salts (tin for example), amines or sulphur. A preliminary test is always recommended.
| ||TCS 7537 A|
TCS 7537 B red or
TCS 7603 C white
|Mixing ratio (by weight)||100||10|
Brookfield Viscosity of the blend, mPa.s
at 25°C - NFT 76102 - needle6-speed 5 rpm-(approx.)
|Pot life at 25°C, hours||> 16 |
Curing time at 160°C, seconds
2. Curing and processing recommendations
- BLUESIL TCS 7537 system can be applied by knife coating, transfer coating…
- Low add-on weights (20-50g/m²) can be achieved with typical knife coating processes for example on polyamide 6,6 - 470 dtex -18x18, and material can sustain high speeds (20-60m/min).
- Curing of BLUESIL TCS 7537 system takes place at a temperature between 100°C and 200°C. Time and temperature depend on the thickness of the coating and on the fabric. For example, the curing time could be 1min at 190°C or 3min at 150°C.
- Adhesion to substrate will depend upon the curing conditions. A preliminary test is recommended to determine optimum cure conditions, and a temperature ramp-up in industrial ovens is always preferred to avoid bubbles and ensure best adhesion.
- After use, packaging must be tightly closed and protected from possible moisture contamination to preserve material's properties. When packaging has been opened, material should be used rapidly.
|BLUESIL TCS 7603 C WHITE may be stored at temperatures between -20°C / -4°F and 40°C / 104°F for up to 6 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL TCS 7603 C WHITE
BLUESIL TCS 7537 A, associated with catalyst BLUESIL TCS 7537 B red or BLUESIL TCS 7603 C white is a two-component heat curing liquid silicone elastomer which cures by a polyaddition reaction.
This product offers excellent adhesion even on difficult substrates.
All products from the Textile Coating Silicone product line are specially engineered for textile coating applications.
Coating;Fabric Coating;Fire Protection;High Temperature Protection;Hydrophobing;Protection;UV resistant;Water Repellency
2 Part RTV
- Low viscosity and easily pumpable to sustain high coating speed.
- Allows addition of fillers and pigments.
- Versatility in coat weights processing.
- Fast cure at elevated temperature.
- High bond strength without primer on textiles (PA, PET, glass fabric…).
- Excellent adhesion on difficult substrates, such as unscoured textiles.
- Long bath life at room temperature (>16h).
- Coating of airbag fabrics.
- Technical fabrics for insulation, safety & protective.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America