Remix each of the two components (parts A and B) every time before using.
1. Mixing of the two components
Add 100 parts of BLUESIL RT FOAM 3241 A to 100 parts of BLUESIL RT FOAM 3241 B.
Part A and Part B should be thoroughly mixed together. Vigorous and thorough mixing should be maintained for about 30 seconds. The mixed product should then be quickly casted into the desired application site.
For larger volume applications, BLUESIL RT FOAM 3241 A&B has been specifically designed with a favourable 1:1 mix ratio (both by weight or volume) to easily suit a robotic dispensing, where mixing is achieved by means of a dynamic mixer.
The type and degree of mixing and shear can significantly affect the cell structure, cure and density of the final foam product.
Handling precaution: Immediately upon mixing BLUESIL RT FOAM 3241 A&B a chemical reaction takes place that results in the evolution of flammable hydrogen gas.
APPROPRIATE CAUTION SHOULD BE EXERCISED.
2. Crosslinking & foaming
The best curing conditions are at 23°C. The use of the product at higher temperatures will reduce the pot life and the demolding time. As opposed to this, lower temperatures will increase the pot life and the demolding time.
Anyway, processing BLUESIL RT FOAM 3241 A&B at temperatures significantly different from will change significantly the foam final structure, that at high temperatures (>35°C) might become irregular and uneven, while at low temperatures (<20°C) the form structure might collapse.
These effects are more marked in static conditions than under centrifugation (as e.g. for rollers production).
At 23°C, the cured silicone can be demoulded after the time indicated as "demolding time" (see § 2.”Polymerization”, page 2).
Be aware that contact with certain materials can inhibit the curing of BLUESIL RT FOAM 3241 A&B:
If doubts exist it’s recommendable to run a quick test with a small quantity of material in order to assess compatibility. Take duly note that cross contamination due to not well cleaned tools or devices is frequently the main cause of inhibition. The best way is to use only dedicated gear when processing polyaddition BLUESIL RT FOAM 3241 A&B.
- and its derivatives (e.g. natural rubbers vulcanized with sulphur).
- Ammonia and amines (e.g. amine cured epoxies, epoxy curing agents).
- Polycondensation RTV o PUR catalysed with metal salts.
- PVC stabilizing agents.
|BLUESIL RT FOAM 3241 A may be stored at a temperature below 40 °C/ 104 °F for up to 12 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL RT FOAM 3241 A
BLUESIL RT FOAM 3241 A&B is a two-component silicone foam which cures at room temperature by an addition cure reaction.
When the A and B liquid components are thoroughly mixed in a 1:1 ratio, the product expands and cures to a foamed elastomer at room temperature.
2 Part RTV
- Easy curing: BLUESIL RT FOAM 3241 A&B crosslinks at temperatures above 20ºC, even in the complete absence of air or humidity.
- Easy processing thanks to the simple 1:1 mix ratio.
- Good chemical and temperature resistance.
- Low hardness (Shore 00).
- Low compression set.
- High temperature stability.
- The material expands without employing ozone depleting CFCs or other related blowing agents.
This product is specifically formulated for the production of printing rollers. Other suggested applications are:
- Automatic installation of gaskets for the automotive and domestic appliance industry.
- Insulation of noise and heat.
- Cushioning and damping when high temperature variation is involved.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America