- Thoroughly clean and degrease the substrate surface to be primed by solvent cleaning with a non-polar solvent.
- Rinse all cleaning agents off the substrate surface with a polar solvent (i.e.: acetone or methyl ethyl ketone).
- Elkem Silicones primers may be applied by dipping, brushing, wiping, or spraying. In most cases a thin film of primer will provide the best adhesion. With BLUESIL™ V-04 and BLUESIL™ V-06 primers, the correct thickness should result in a light chalk-like film. A pinkish tint will be seen with the red versions. An excessive chalky layer should be avoided. Use the color or chalky appearance as an indicator to roughly estimate the thickness of the primer coating. With BLUESIL™ V-09C primer, the applied film will cure to a smooth, resinous state; no chalking will occur. The coating should be free of all foreign matter such as lint, dust, or dirt. Unsized cheesecloth is recommended when wiping primer on a substrate.
- Allow applied primer coating to cure by air drying for 60 to 90 minutes at room temperature, preferably at 50-60% relative humidity. If used in a low humidity environment, longer drying time will be required. The best method of determining drying time for a specific application is by experimentation.
- Apply mixed sealant/compound and cure according to recommended cure schedules. Heat curing provides the best adhesion.
|BLUESIL V-09 C may be stored for up to 18 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL V-09 C
BLUESIL™ V-09C primer is a dilute solution of a reactive silicone resin in methanol and ethanol. It is used to promote or improve adhesion of the BLUESIL™ aerospace and industrial grade materials to a wide variety of substrates where primer clarity is important. The primer dries water clear on the substrate, ideal for applications that require very clear interface between substrate and elastomer.
• Bonding industrial grade materials to electronic devices
• Bonding inner-layer of aerospace windshields
Central and South America;North America