The A- part tends to separate the filler. Before using, stir thoroughly the A-part in order to re-homogenise it To ensure a uniform final foam and equal equity, Part A and Part B should be thoroughly mixed. For small batch mixing by hand or power mix, vigorous and thorough mixing should be maintained for about 30 seconds. The mixed product should then be quickly transferred into the desired application site. For larger volume applications
BLUESIL RT FOAM 3240 A&B has been specifically designed with a favourable 1:1 mix weight ratio to suit robotic application via meter/mix/dispense equipment. Mixing can be achieved by dynamic mixing. The type and degree of mixing and shear can significantly affect the cell structure, cure and density of the final foam product.
Handling precaution: Immediately upon mixing BLUESIL RT FOAM 3240 A&B a chemical reaction takes place that results in the evolution of flammable hydrogen gas.
APPROPRIATE CAUTION SHOULD BE EXERCISED.
|BLUESIL RT FOAM 3240 A may be stored at a temperature below 40 °C/ 104 °F for up to 12 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL RT FOAM 3240 A
BLUESIL RT FOAM 3240 A&B is a two-component silicone foam which cures at room temperature by an addition cure reaction.
When the A and B liquid components are thoroughly mixed in 1:1 ratio, the product will expand and cure to a foamed elastomer at room temperature.
2 Part RTV
- Easy curing: BLUESIL RT FOAM 3240 A&B crosslinks at temperatures above 20ºC even in the complete absence of air or humidity.
- Easy processing since components A & B to be mixed (100 parts and 100 parts) are both free flowing.
- Good chemical and temperature resistance.
- Low hardness (Shore 00).
- Low compression set.
- Temperature variation does not modify the properties to a significant degree. This product is stable and flexible.
- The material expands without employing ozone depleting CFCs or other related blowing agents.
- Production of printing rollers.
- Automatic installation of gaskets for the automotive and domestic appliance industry.
- Production of orthopaedic pieces.
- Insulation of noise and heat.
- Cushioning and damping when high temperature variation is involved.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America