1. Mix Part A and Part B components according to recommended weight ratios. If power equipment is to be used, it is generally recommended to keep mixing speed at or below 350 rpm to prevent heat buildup, which can cause loss of working time and premature curing of the rubber. It is recommended that the container be filled to not more than 1/3 the container height to allow sufficient room for expansion during the deaeration procedure.
2. For these products requiring deaeration, place mixed material in a vacuum chamber and exert 29 inches Vacuum on the material. Some products will require that the vacuum be interrupted or "bumped" several times before the material crests and falls by itself. After the material has receded, keep the mixed material under full vacuum for a minimum of 15 minutes. Bleed air slowly into the chamber until atmospheric equilibrium is reached. Remove mixed and vacuumed material from the chamber. The material is now ready for pouring.
3. Some Elkem Silicones Aerospace and Industrial products have a very long mixed pot life. Storing the mixture in a tightly sealed container at 0°F (-18°C) may extend the pot life even longer. Care should be taken when using this method to prevent moisture from condensing on the inside of cold containers and contaminating the mixture.
|BLUESIL V-217 A/B KIT may be stored for up to 18 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL V-217 A/B KIT
BLUESIL™ V-217 is a clear, two component, medium viscosity, addition cure silicone compound. It is designed for potting and encapsulating applications, and as a silicone wafer vacuum hold-down pad material.
Kit Matching: Many Elkem Silicones Aerospace and Industrial products are kit matched when manufactured. These products should be processed using the specific matched Part A and Part B units supplied with the kit. Using a different lot of Part A or Part B may affect the properties of the product.
2 Part RTV
• General potting and encapsulation of electrical devices
• Integrated circuits and relays
• Hold-down pad for silicone wafers
• Power supplies and TV fly-back transformer