1. Thoroughly clean and degrease the substrate surface to be primed by solvent cleaning with a non-polar solvent.
2. Rinse all cleaning agents off the substrate surface with a polar solvent (i.e.: acetone or methyl ethyl ketone).
3. Bluestar Silicones primers may be applied by dipping, brushing, wiping, or spraying. In most cases a thin film of primer will provide the best adhesion. With BLUESIL™ V-04 and BLUESIL™ V-06 primers, the correct thickness should result in a light chalk-like film. A pinkish tint will be seen with the red versions. An excessive chalky layer should be avoided. Use the color or chalky appearance as an indicator to roughly estimate the thickness of the primer coating. With BLUESIL™ V-09 primer, the applied film will cure to a smooth, resinous state; no chalking will occur. The coating should be free of all foreign matter such as lint, dust, or dirt. Unsized cheesecloth is recommended when wiping primer on a substrate.
4. Allow applied primer coating to cure by air drying for 60 to 90 minutes at room temperature, preferably at 50-60% relative humidity. If used in a low humidity environment, longer drying time will be required. The best method of determining drying time for a specific application is by experimentation.
5. Apply mixed sealant/compound and cure accourding to recommended cure schedules. Heat curing provides the best adhesion.
|Avoid discharge into drains, water courses or onto the ground. Store in a cool, dry place with adequate ventilation. Keep away from incompatible materials, open flames, and high temperatures. Nitrogen blanketing of containers is required. Avoid contact with oxidizing agents. Suitable containers: Steel drums coated with epoxy-resin.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL V-06 CLEAR
primer is a dilute solution of a reactive silicone resin in naphtha used as an
adhesion promoter with Bluestar Silicones aerospace and industrial grade
• Bonding abradable seals in jet aircraft engines
• Bonding industrial grade silicones to substrates
• Bonding vanes in jet aircraft engines
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|