1. It is advised to remix both base and catalyst before mixing them together.
2. To 100 parts of BLUESIL RTV 33xx add 5 parts by weight of BLUESIL CATA PC THIXO.
3. The two components are thoroughly mixed either using an electrical or pneumatic mixer on a low speed setting so as to limit the inclusion of air in the mixture as well as temperature rise.
4. Use a spatula or a brush to depose a thin layer of the thixotropic RTV on a vertical surface.
5. The best curing conditions are at 23°C and 50% relative humidity. The use of products at higher temperatures and/or relative humidity levels will reduce the pot life and increase the setting rate. As opposed to this, lower temperatures and relative humidity levels will increase the pot life and decrease the setting time. It is recommended not to use the product at temperatures below 20°C under these conditions, the final product performance levels will be difficult to achieve.
6. At 23°C and 50% relative humidity, the moulds can be demoulded after 16-24h. In order to achieve the best possible performance levels from the moulds, it is preferable to wait for 24 h before using them. The definitive properties will be acquired after 3-7 days.
|STORAGE t < +40°C IN ITS ORIGINAL PACK||Avoid discharge into drains, water courses or onto the ground. Store in a cool, dry place with adequate ventilation. Keep away from incompatible materials, open flames, and high temperatures. Store above freezing. Store in closed original container at temperatures between 5°C and 30°C. Suitable containers: polyethylene. Steel drums coated with epoxy-resin.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL CATA PC THIXO
The BLUESIL CATA PC THIXO is a tin salt based activator for Silicon RTV. After addition of 5% of catalyst PC Thixo, the siliconic system –BASE + CATALYST PC becomes more and more elastic, losing its plastic behaviour, and thixotropic.
2 Part RTV
Taking prints by impression (finely-detailes models) in the “brush technique” (vertical position).
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|