SILCOLAPSE 482 is efficient both in aqueous and in anhydrous media. It disperses readily provided a suitable thinner is used.
SILCOLAPSE 482 is normally used at concentrations of between 1 and 100 mg/kg of system to be defoamed.
SILCOLAPSE 482 is ready to use as delivered, or it can be pre-diluted to around 1% to 10% active matter by slowly adding, 99 or 90 parts of selected thinner.
SILCOLAPSE 482 can be diluted in solvent of silicone oil.
- In anhydrous media: aliphatic, aromatic hydrocarbons, chlorinated hydrocarbons.
- In aqueous media: in this case thinner should be either watersoluble or waterdispersible such as :
- Certain ketones : methylethylketone or methylisobutylketone.
- Certain alcohols: tertiary butanol , dodecanol-1 or ethyl2hexanol…
- Certain ethers: ethyl ether or isopropylether.
|SILCOLAPSE 482 may be stored at a temperature between -5 °C/ 23 °F and 40 °C/ 104 °F for up to 18 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
SILCOLAPSE 482 is a defoamer compound containing polydimethylsiloxane oil and silica.
- Good efficiency at high temperature.
- Easy to use: it can be used as delivered, or emulsified with usual surfactants of silicone antifoam emulsions.
- High efficiency at alkaline pH.
- Low dose efficiency, at around 1 to 100 mg per kg of system to be defoamed.
- Chemically inert with regards to the substance to be defoamed therefore leaving its properties unchanged.
SILCOLAPSE 482 is multi-purpose :
- Crop protection products: product formulation (emulsifiable concentrates and aqueous dispersions). It is exempted from tolerance under chapter 40 CFR 180.920 for crop protection and 40 CFR 180.930 for animal food.
- Detergency: liquids and powdered detergent, surfactants.
- Pulp Industry: Kraft or Sulfite process.
- Chemicals: distillation, extraction, filtration …
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America