Silcolease 7460 can be formulated as a 2 component system for easy compounding and use. The standard formulation and processing (order of addition) is;
1. Dilution solvent: Quantity depends on the desired bath solids (aliphatic or aromatic)
2. Silcolease 7460: 100 parts
3. Mix thoroughly until completely dispersed (time varies with equipment)
4. Silcolease 93B: 1.2 part (maximum addition level is 1.5 parts)
5. Mix thoroughly to ensure full dispersion of the catalyst
IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE TO FORMULATE SILCOLEASE 7460 AS A MULTI-COMPONENT SYSTEM WITH OTHER ADDITIVES TO MODIFY CURE, SUBSTRATE ANCHORAGE OR RELEASE PERFORMANCE IF NECESSARY. DETAILS OF THESE FORMULATIONS CAN BE PROVIDED ON REQUEST.
|SILCOLEASE POLY 7460 may be stored at a temperature between -20 °C/ -4 °F and 30 °C/ 86 °F for up to 12 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
SILCOLEASE POLY 7460
A 2 component solvent system for Paper Release applications based on.
- Silcolease 7460 (Polymer Solution)
- Silcolease 93B (Catalyst)
The system must be diluted to a chosen concentration with a suitable solvent for coating onto the desired substrate. After application to the substrate the coating requires a short heat schedule to remove the solvent and cure the silicone.
2 Component system for easy use
Fast cure at low oven temperatures
Excellent cure for thermally sensitive substrates, especially films
Very good and stable anchorage even on film
Good bath stability and low migration
Low and stable release
The system is designed specifically for Paper
Release applications and can be coated onto a wide range of paper, film and
foil substrates but is mostly suitable for film.