Formulation of a ready to use solution
The product should be diluted before application.
Most of the time, the percentage of active material is between 4% and 8% and depends on the substrate and its absorption capacity.
For instance, with terracotta materials, higher dilution rate below 4% may be necessary to obtain optimal properties.
Water is added to the emulsion under gentle stirring. For example, 1 litre of BLUESIL BP 9710 should be diluted with 5 to 10 litres of water. There is no need of particular water: Drinkable water is suitable.
Stability of the ready-to-use solutions
Ready-to-use solutions may be stored for up to 12 months in closed packaging, between +2°C and +30°C, without loosing its properties.
Only vertical surfaces or surfaces with a steep slope are concerned by this type of treatment.
The surfaces must be:
After rain, wait for at least 24 hours, or after cleaning of the surface with pressurised water, wait for 3 days (in dry weather).
- Brush off parts with low adherence (on crumbly, powdery or encrusted surfaces).
- Fill cracks of more than 0.3 mm.
- Clean stained surfaces.
In all cases, avoid cleaning with acidic or alkaline chemical detergents and cationic surfactants.
- With a flat brush on very rough materials or with a roller (continuous supply possible with an airless type pump) – reserved for small surfaces.
- With an airless spray gun with a variable spray nozzle.
- Whatever the application method, the product must be applied until the surface is saturated, without insisting. The glossy appearance should not remain.
- Most of the time, a single coat is enough to have the performances
- Optimal waterproofing performances of the treated materials will only be obtained if adequate quantity of BLUESIL BP 9710 is applied:
A one litre solution of BLUESIL BP 9710 may be sufficient to treat a surface of 3 m², but this quantity may vary since it essentially depends on the type of substrate and its absorption capacity (from o 2 per m² depending on the substrates).
- Mortar, concrete: 0.3 to 0.5 l/m²
- Sand stones: 0.4 to 0.6 l/m²
- Lime stones: 0.4 to 2 l/m²
- Mineral plaster: 0.6 to 0.8 l/m²
- Brick: 0.6 to 1.2 l/m²
- The use of water repellents on dense, low porosity substrates (i.e. marble, granite …) may not be suitable. A too high concentration can lead to a slight change in the substrate aspect.
It is essential to carry out a preliminary test on the surface to be treated, to determine the required dosage and the application method.
|PROTECT FROM FREEZING||Store in a cool, dry place with adequate ventilation. Keep away from incompatible materials, open flames, and high temperatures. Store in tightly closed original container. equipped with a degassing device. Suitable containers: polyethylene. Steel drums coated with epoxy-resin.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||RoHS;VOC|
BLUESIL BP 9710
BLUESIL BP 9710 is an emulsion with an alkylpolysiloxane oligomer base designed to protect surfaces against moisture.
This waterproofing system respects the environment since it is entirely formulated in a water base, it is free of any organic solvent and it does not contain ecotoxic surfactant.
After it has dried on the surface, BLUESIL BP 9710 repels water and allows walls to breathe.
Experience acquired over more than 40 years shows that silicone water repellents are a good answer to humidity problems in construction materials, particularly when for esthetical reasons the natural aspect of the material should be preserved.
BLUESIL BP 9710 has been awarded a test certificate by CSTC (Centre Scientifique et Technique de - ): ref HD-340/133-151 on the 2006.02.20
Additive;Breathability;Coating;Hydrophobing;Primer;Protection;UV resistant;Water Repellency
BLUESIL BP 9710 is used to impregnate the surface iding long-lasting limitation of the penetration of rain water and runoff water in the walls and facades without blocking their breathability (water vapour exchanges).
This system has been developed to get an interesting compromise between reactivity and pot life stability.
Curing kinetics of water based water repellents largely depends on the atmospheric conditions: humidity, temperature. These parameters will drive the evaporation of the water brought into the substrate during the application, the cure of BLUESIL BP 9710, and thus the kinetic at which the beading effect appears.
BLUESIL BP 9710 has been specifically designed to have the following properties :
- High water penetration resistance by capillarity action.
- Versatility allowing its use on many porous mineral materials.
- Very good vapour permeability.
- Very slight change in the material’s natural porosity and aspect.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|