1. Mixing the two components
The components A and B are mixed by weight in the above indicated ratio. The mixing can be carried out either by hand or using a low-speed electric or pneumatic mixer to minimise the introduction of air and to avoid any temperature increase.
It is also possible to use a special mixing and dispensing machine for the two silicone components. Further information is available upon request.
2. Degassing The mixture should be degassed preferably at 30 to 50 mbar to eliminate any entrapped air. If a dispensing machine is used, the two components are degassed separately prior to mixing.
The silicone mixture expands to times of its initial volume and bubbles rise to the surface. The bubbles progressively disappear and the mixture returns to its initial volume after 5 to 10 minutes. Wait a few minutes to complete the degassing and then flash the vacuum. The silicone is ready for pouring, either by gravity or under low pressure.
Note: Flashing the vacuum once or twice accelerates the degassing. It is recommended to use a container with a high diameter / height ratio.
The system polymerises at 23°C. The curing may be slowed down at lower temperature and contrary accelerated by heat.
Contact with certain materials can inhibit the crosslinking. See list below:
- natural rubbers vulcanised with sulphur,
- RTV 2 silicone elastomers catalysed with metal salts, e.g. tin-compounds,
- PVC stabilised with tin salts and additives,
- epoxy resins catalysed with amines.
In case of doubts, it is recommended to test the substrate by applying a small quantity of the mixed silicone on a restricted area.
|STORAGE -10°C < t < +30°C IN ITS ORIGINAL PACK STIR WELL BEFORE USE||Store in a cool, dry place with adequate ventilation. Keep away from incompatible materials, open flames, and high temperatures. Store in tightly closed original container. equipped with a degassing device. Suitable containers: polyethylene. Steel drums coated with epoxy-resin.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL RTV 3040 HARD B 1/1
BLUESIL RTV 3040 HARD A&B 1:1 is a two component silicone elastomer that crosslinks at room temperature by polyaddition reaction. The polymerisation can be accelerated by heat (max. ).
The silicone components are delivered as two viscous liquids, which once mixed and cured, transform into a transparent, elastic and resistant material. Polymerisation occurs without production of heat.
2 Part RTV
- Accurate reproduction of details
- Very good transparency
- Exceptional mechanical properties
- Free matching within product range
- Reproduction of 3D objects in polyurethane, waxes, foams, epoxy, polyester, etc.
Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|