SILCOLAPSE 490 is equally efficient in aqueous and anhydrous media. It disperses readily provided a suitable thinner is used.
SILCOLAPSE 490 is normally used at concentrations of between 1 and 100 mg/kg (or per litre) of system to be defoamed.
SILCOLAPSE 490 is ready to use as delivered, or it can be pre-diluted to around 1% to 10% active matter by slowy adding 99 or 90 parts of selected thinner.
SILCOLAPSE 490 can be diluted:
- In aliphatic, aromatic hydrocarbons, chlorinated hydrocarbons, when used in anhydrous media.
- In some ketones (methylethylketone or methylisobutylketone), alcohols (tertiary butanol, dodecanol-1 or ethyl-2hexanol …), when used in aqueous media.
|SILCOLAPSE 490 may be stored at a temperature between -5 °C/ 23 °F and 40 °C/ 104 °F for up to 18 Months from its date of manufacturing||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||Food Contact|
SILCOLAPSE 490 is a defoamer compound containing polydimethylsiloxane oil and silica.
- Good defoaming efficiency at high temperature.
- Easy to use: it can be used as delivered, or pre-diluted in a solvent.
- Low dose efficiency, at around 1 to 100 mg per kg of system to be defoamed.
- High efficiency in alkaline conditions.
- Chemically inert regarding the substance to be defoamed therefore leaving its properties unchanged.
SILCOLAPSE 490 is multi-purpose:
- Pulp industry: recommended for use in the various processing steps (cooking, washing, screening, bleaching and sewage treatment).
- Detergency: liquids and powdered detergent, soap.
- Chemicals: distillation, extraction, filtration.
SILCOLAPSE 490 is particularly effective in highly foaming systems
SILCOLAPSE 490 can also be used in emulsion form or as a booster to silicon and / or organic foam-control agents. In the last case, compatibility of SILCOLAPSE 490 with the organic system must be previously verified.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America