Remix each of the 2 components (base and catalyst) every time before using.
1. Mixing of the two components
To 100 parts of BLUESIL RTV 3255 add 4 parts by weight of BLUESIL CATA XY 86.
The two components are thoroughly mixed either using an electrical or pneumatic mixer, on a low speed setting so as to limit the inclusion of air in the mixture as well as the temperature rise.
The mixture must be degassed under vacuum to eliminate air bubbles which might otherwise remain in the finished part. This is particularly true to thick parts. The mixture is generally degassed under a vacuum of 30 to 50 mbar for some 15 minutes, applying two successive pressure reductions in the vacuum chamber.
Using a container with a high diameter/height ratio will accelerate degassing.
3. Preparation of materials - Pouring/coating
BLUESIL RTV 3255 will bond to metals, glass laminate materials, moulded parts in silicone-based materials or organic resins and to vulcanized silicone elastomers.
The following procedure, although simple, must be followed exactly:
- Clean and degrease the metal surfaces and wipe them with a cloth soaked in acetone or rinse them with acetone. In the case of silicone elastomer surfaces, clean them with acetone then roughen them with glasspaper.
- Apply appropriate primer to all surfaces, except silicone elastomers, by dipping, spraying or brushing and then allow them to air dry for at least 30 minutes at .
- Slowly and evenly pour the BLUESIL RTV 3255 into the mould. For thick coating, the product must be poured at the lowest point in the cavity to be filled to avoid the formation and inclusion of air bubbles. The mould must not be completely filled to allow RTV room to expand at operating temperatures.
|BLUESIL RTV 3255 may be stored at a temperature below 40 °C/ 104 °F for up to 12 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||RoHS|
BLUESIL RTV 3255
BLUESIL RTV 3255 is a two-component silicone elastomer which vulcanizes at room temperature by a polycondensation reaction. It is supplied in the form of viscous liquid which, after adding BLUESIL CATA XY 86, becomes a rubbery material.
2 Part RTV
- COMPLETE CROSSLINKING WITHIN 24 HOURS at room temperature regardless of the moulded thickness.
- EXCELLENT HEAT RESISTANCE
- GOOD HARDNESS AND HIGH BREAKING STRENGTH.
- NO AGING and excellent resistance to humidity and oxidation.
- To protect electronic and electrical engineering components by coating or filling (when a hard product or high heat-stability is required).
- To produce moulded gaskets or moulds.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America