BLUESIL UV 1 V 350 is processed after the addition of a photoinitiator, SILCOLEASE UV CATA 211 in doses of between 0.5% to 1% in proportion to the resin as delivered.
The bath obtained in this manner has a stability of over one week.
On a UV bench (of Fusion type system, IST or Scientific equipment type) and using a 120 Watt lamp, the cured thickness is 0.1mm at 3mm with a cure rate of 0.2 to 1 second.
The respective energy levels are:
- 0.07 J/cm² with a conveyor speed of 10m/min
- 0.04 j/cm² with a conveyor speed of 20m/min
|BLUESIL UV 1 V 350 may be stored at a temperature between -20 °C/ -4 °F and 50 °C/ 122 °F for up to 24 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||ELV;RoHS;WEEE|
BLUESIL UV 1 V 350
BLUESIL UV 1 V 350 is a silicone resin which cure very quickly (< 1 second) under the action of ultra violet light (quartz, fusion, gas or other lamps), after the addition of SILCOLEASE UV CATA 211 (photoinitiator).
The BLUESIL UV 1 V 350 has been developed by Elkem Silicones on the basis of our technical expertise acquired over more than 40 years in the treatment of cylinder head gaskets.
This resin has the advantage of a rapid and inexpensive process (UV light curing), while maintaining the technical performances at a level equivalent to that of heat curing resins.
Processing and industrialization
- Extremely quick UV curing leading to high productivity.
- Easy to process (no nitrogen inerting required).
- Excellent stability of baths containing the SILCOLEASE UV CATA 211 (photoinitiator).
- Work station environment protection no specific installation required.
- Excellent adhesion to most surfaces at the time of curing and very high release properties after curing.
- Excellent heat stability meaning properties are retained in continual service.
- Excellent resistance to motor oils and cooling liquids.
- Low volatile and extractable product contents.
- Very high productivity.
- Reduced machine space requirement.
- Very low energy consumption
- Low dosage of SILCOLEASE UV CATA 211 (An original photoinitiator, patented by Bluestar).
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America