SILCOLAPSE 1824 can be used as delivered or pre-diluted in water or in part of the medium to be defoamed. It is recommended not to dilute it to less than 1% solids content.
In this case, the water is added to the antifoam slowly with slight stirring (do not use stirrers with a high shear rate).
It is not recommended to proceed in the opposite manner.
The dilution thus obtained can be stored for 24 hours.
Remark: SILCOLAPSE 1824 may decant during prolonged storage without loss of antifoam properties. A rehomogenisation is then necessary with a helix stirrer or a recirculation system using a pump.
If SILCOLAPSE 1824 is used in formulation, we advise a homogenisation just before the introduction.
|SILCOLAPSE 1824 may be stored at temperatures between 2°C / 36°F and 30°C / 86°F for up to 9 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
SILCOLAPSE 1824 is an aqueous, non-ionic emulsion based on polydimethyl siloxane fluid.
Product recommended for the prevention, control or elimination of foam in aqueous systems.
- Very easy to disperse in aqueous systems
- High antifoam efficiency
SILCOLAPSE 1824 has many applications in many different areas, and notably:
- Textile: conventional or high temperature dyeing, printing and finishing, desizing of fibres, washing.
- Paper pulp: foam and air control agent.
- Gas treatment: alcano-amine scrubbing.
- Agro-chemicals: emulsions (EW), suspended emulsions (SE), suspended concentrates (SC), granules WG, soluble liquids (SL) or micro-emulsions (ME).
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America