Applications by padding
When used alone, BLUESIL EMUL 12 should be diluted with cold water. The concentration of the padding liquid should be adjusted to give a pick-up of 1.0% to 2.0% silicone content on weight of fabric.
The pH of the bath should be adjusted below 5.5.
The fabric should be dried and cured, temperature of 150ºC is recommended.
When used with SILCOLEASE EMUL 70827 A, dilute the catalyst in water and then add this to the already diluted emulsion. The 20% of SILCOLEASE EMUL 70827 A, based on the amount of BLUESIL EMUL 12 is recommended to achieve excellent and durable water repellence.
The concentration of the padding liquid should be adjusted to give a pick-up of 1.0 - 2.0% silicone content on weight of fabric. The pH of the bath should be adjusted bellow 5.5. The exact level required will depend upon the type of substrate. The fabric should be dried and cured, temperature of 150ºC is recommended.
Although BLUESIL EMUL 12 is compatible with the majority of resins used in textile finishing, the compatibility of the system should be pre-checked prior to use.
|BLUESIL EMUL 12 may be stored for up to 12 Months from its date of manufacturing||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||GOTS;OEKO-TEX|
BLUESIL EMUL 12
BLUESIL EMUL 12 is a macro-emulsion of a functional silicone which lubricates textile fibers and rubber tapes. Also it imparts durable water repellence to textile substrates when used with SILCOLEASE EMUL 70827 A,
BLUESIL EMUL 12 provides following properties and advantages:
- Makes all types of textile substrates hydrophobic
- Gives durable water repellence when used with an appropriate catalyst.
- Lubricates textile fibers including elastomeric fibers.
- Lubricates rubber tapes and threads.
- Imparts a slippery touch.
- Improves tear strength and abrasion resistance.
- Improves the ability of sewing.
- Is compatible with the majority of resins used in textile finishing.
- May be applied by padding or spraying.
- Lubrication of rubber tapes for garments.
- Hydrophobic treatment of textiles.
Europe Middle East Africa