Preparing a solution ready for use
The product should be diluted before application. For example, 10 liters of BLUESIL WR 224 may be diluted to make up 100 liters of solution ready for use.
Preparing the walls:
This type of treatment is intended only for vertical or steeply sloping surfaces.
The walls must be:
Dry : Wait at least 24 hours after rain, or if the wall has been cleaned with high pressure water, wait 3 days (in dry weather).
Sound : Brush off any loose material (from crumbling, powdery or encrusted walls), fill in cracks more than 0.3 mm wide and clean any dirty surfaces.
The use of acidic or alkaline chemical detergents and cationic surfactants should be avoided in all circumstances.
Small areas on very rough material may be treated using a flat brush or a roller (which may be fed continuously with an AIRLESS pump).
Otherwise, use an AIRLESS spray gun with a variable jet nozzle.
- Whatever method of application is used, the water repellent must be applied until the surface is saturated: the repellent should drip down 30 or 40 cm. One coat is often enough: however, on very porous surfaces a second coat is necessary as soon as the first one has lost its glossy appearance.
- One liter of a 6 % active material content solution of BLUESIL WR 224 is generally enough to treat a surface area of 3 m². This quantity may vary, since it is dependent on the type of substrate and its absorption capacity (from 0.2 to 3 liters per m2 depending on the material). The following consumption rates are given for information purposes :
- Asbestos cement : 0.3 to 0.5 l/m²
- Mortars and concretes : 0.3 to 0.5 l/m²
- Mineral textured paint : 0.6 to 0.8 l/m²
- Bricks : 0.6 to 1.2 l/m²
- Stone : 0.6 to 2.0 l/m²
- The water repellency of the treated materials will not be optimum unless a sufficient quantity of BLUESIL WR 224 has been applied.
- It is essential to carry out a prior test of the surface to be treated.
|STORAGE -20°C ||Avoid discharge into drains, water courses or onto the ground. Store in a cool, dry place with adequate ventilation. Keep away from incompatible materials, open flames, and high temperatures. Nitrogen blanketing of containers is required. Avoid contact with oxidizing agents. Suitable containers: Steel drums coated with epoxy-resin.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||RoHS;VOC|
BLUESIL WR 224
BLUESIL WR 224 is an alkylpolysiloxane oligomer designed to protect façades against moisture.
BLUESIL WR 224 repels water and allows walls to breathe. It can be used either as an impregnation agent or as a primer.
Additive;Breathability;Coating;Hydrophobing;Primer;Protection;UV resistant;Water Repellency
Impregnation with BLUESIL WR 224 prevents rain and runoff water penetrating walls and façades, whilst allowing them to breathe.
- BLUESIL WR 224 has been specially formulated to give the following advantages:
- Quick drying on all neutral and alkaline substrates: the beading effect is noticeable within a few hours of application.
- Good penetration in all standard materials.
- High water penetration resistance by capillary action,
- Very slight change in the material’s natural porosity,
- Outstanding resistance to ageing agents (freeze, thaw, u.v., etc.) due to the stable structure of the siloxane bonds that form with the substrate’s reactive groups,
- Paintability with most aqueous dispersion type paints, for example vinyl, acrylic, silicone paints, or pliolites (prior testing essential)
Experience acquired over more than forty years shows that silicone water repellents are a good solution, especially when treating building materials that must retain their natural appearance.
BLUESIL WR 224 has been awarded test certificates by the following official organizations (these documents are available on request):
- CEBTP (French National Building Industry Centre): Certificate n° 2122.6.050 dated 05/12/88.
- CSTC (Building Industry Scientific and Technical Centre: ): certificate n° DE 2003/5 HD-340/133-28 dated 03/06/86.
- BUREAU VERITAS: certificate n° DSC/DGC/DLC/L 87 283 dated 24/11/87.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|