Application levels of 0.2 - 2.0 % silicone solids on weight of fabric are recommended. The optimum will depend on fabric type and construction, and should be determined by the user. The padded fabric should be dried at temperatures in excess of 80°C, however fabric temperatures in excess of 180°C are recommended. The full softening effect is manifested after adequate fabric conditioning at atmospheric conditions.
BLUESIL MICROEMUL 21827 is shear stable, and suitable for exhaust application from all standard dyeing and finishing equipment, including jets.
The recommended application levels and subsequent drying and conditioning are as for padding information above.
Best results for exhaustion are from a bath at pH 3.5 - 5.5 and temperature of 45 – 50 °C.
Recommended Bath Conditions for Pad and Exhaust
To ensure prolonged stability it is recommended that the following operating conditions are maintained:
- Do not exceed a temperature of 60 °C in dilution. Operate in a pH range from 3.0 - 8.5 for optimum effect.
- Very dilute stock solutions should not be stored for longer than 72 hours at ambiant conditions.
Although BLUESIL MICROEMUL 21827 is stable to most organic softeners and other finishing auxiliaries, the compatibility of all products in the finishing bath should be checked prior to bulk use.
|BLUESIL MICROEMUL 21827 may be stored at temperatures between 2°C / 36°F and 30°C / 86°F for up to 12 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||GOTS;OEKO-TEX|
BLUESIL MICROEMUL 21827
BLUESIL MICROEMUL 21827 is a highly active microemulsion of amino functional silicone. The product is specially formulated as a textile softener and lubricant and typical application benefits and product features are listed below :
- Imparts a smooth soft hand.
- Good drape characteristics
- Improved crease recovery and fabric elasticity.
- Excellent effect at low levels of addition.
- Low yellowing.
- Durable to washing.
- May be applied by pad or exhaust.
- Compatible with most organic softeners and other textile auxiliaries.
- Is stable on dilution.
- Shows excellent stability with respect to shear, electrolytes and hard water.
- Is stable over a broad pH range.
- Is stable to freeze/thaw cycling.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America