SILCOLAPSE 120 is ready to use as delivered, or it can be pre-diluted to around 1% to 10% active matter by slowly adding, 99 or 90 parts of selected thinner.
The thinners suitable for use with SILCOLAPSE 120 are those that are solvents of its liquid silicone base, and must be soluble, or at least dispersible, in the medium to be defoamed.
In anhydrous media, we recommend aromatic, aliphatic or chlorinated hydrocarbons.
In aqueous media, we recommend thinners that are soluble or dispersible in water, such as:
- Ketones: methyl ethyl ketone, methyl isobutyl ketone...
- Alcohols: 2-ethyl hexanol, terbutanol, 1-dodecanol...
- Ethers: ethyl ether, isopropyl ether...
Methanol, isopropanol, ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, glycerine, are not recommended for diluting SILCOLAPSE 120, as they are not solvents of the silicone oil in the compound.
- Prior dilution tests are recommended in all cases before any operation on an industrial scale.
- The colloidal filler in the compound may cause cloudy dilutions.
- The diluted antifoam can be held in a tank for long period without detriment but it should be kept in uniform suspension by means of continuous slow stirring.
Users should make systematic tests to determine the optimum concentration of SILCOLAPSE 120, which generally depending on the type of process and the conditions under which it is carried out, pH, temperature, foaming agents, etc...
|SILCOLAPSE 120 may be stored at temperatures between -20°C / -4°F and 40°C / 104°F for up to 18 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
SILCOLAPSE 120 is a 100% active compound containing polydimethylsiloxane oil and silica with an excellent behaviour in a large range of pH.
SILCOLAPSE 120 is mainly intended for treatment of organic and anhydrous foaming systems. It can also be used in aqueous medium.
SILCOLAPSE 120 is designed exclusively for industrial use.
- Ease of use: it can be used as supplied, or prediluted in a solvent. It disperses readily in most media. The product can be used with automatic injection systems.
- Efficient both in aqueous and in anhydrous media.
- Low dose efficiency of around 1 to 100 mg per kg of system to be defoamed.
- Chemically inert with regards to the system to be defoamed.
SILCOLAPSE 120 has numerous industrial applications in such fields as:
- Chemicals: Distillation, extraction, evaporation, dissolution, filtration...
- Manufacture of paints, inks and varnishes.
- Pulp Industry: formulation ingredient.
- Oil: Alkanolamine washing of natural or refinery gases.
- Detergency: liquids and powdered detergent, surfactants detergents and soaps.
- Manufacture of adhesives and glues.
- Metallurgy: additive for soluble oils.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America