Processing is performed easily in a horizontally rotating drum, proceeding in the following manner (for information purposes only):
- Dust removal from the corks by tumbling for around 10 minutes dust is extracted.
- Adding of SILBIONE CAF 72589 (manually or sprayed).
- Dosage (for information purposes): 180 g to 270 g for 10000 corks sized 48x30.5 (agglomerated cork).
- Tumble in the drum for 20 minutes. It is recommended to work in a workshop at a room temperature of 20-25 °C and a relative humidity of around 50%.
- Air drying or storage in perforated plastic bags.
- Conditioning for at least 24 hours before delivering.
If the corks have been subjected to a prior treatment to lubrication (for example bleaching, tinting, waxing, …), the user must ensure that there is no incompatibility between residues of this prior treatment and the SILBIONE CAF 72589, which could cause problems of adhesion or lubrication.
|Avoid discharge into drains, water courses or onto the ground. Store in tightly closed original container. Store in a cool, dry place with adequate ventilation. Keep away from incompatible materials, open flames, and high temperatures. Avoid contact with oxidizing agents. Vulcanises at room temperature on contact with moisture in the air. For further information, refer to Section 10: "Stability and Reactivity". Suitable containers: Steel drums coated with epoxy-resin.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||Cork Closures;Food Contact;Heavy Metals|
SILBIONE CAF 72589
SILBIONE CAF 72589 is a one component silicone elastomer, curing at room temperature on contact with atmospheric humidity, used to treat natural or agglomerated bottle corks.
SILBIONE CAF 72589 is a solventless product based on reactive polymethyl siloxane oils and inert fillers. It can be used as a release coating for materials intended for food contact.
Chemical Protection;High Temperature Protection;Non-stick;Release;Slip
1 Part RTV Acetoxy
Liquid Silicone Rubber
Cork Closures;Food Contact;Heavy Metals
- Specially designed formulation to give very thin layer coatings without dilution.
- Does not contain solvents.
- Easy to process.
- May be sprayed on.
- Very good lubrication of corks.
- Excellent liquid-tightness after corking
- Does not alter the organoleptic properties of liquids with which it comes into contact.
- Harmless to the organism.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|