MIRASIL CM4 volatile silicone fluid is generally used in combination
with other ingredients to create cosmetics.
|MIRASIL CM4 may be stored at temperatures between -20°C / -4°F and 30°C / 86°F for up to 36 months from its date of manufacturing.||Cyclotetrasiloxane||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
MIRASIL CM 4 volatile silicone fluid is a low viscosity, fast spreading and quickly evaporating silicone cosmetic additive. It provides transient emolliency to hair and skin. It has unique sensory characteristics – light smooth dry feel and slip with non-oily and non-tacky after feel.
MIRASIL CM 4 is comprised of cyclotetrasiloxane. It is considered a non-Volatile Organic Compound according to U.S. EPA. Another appealing attribute of MIRASIL CM 4 is high miscibility with silicones and non-silicone emollients such as hydrocarbons, esters, natural oils and alcohols. This is due to the balance of silicone soluble portion and organic soluble portion (see solubility profile) and molecular flexibility.
MIRASIL CM 4 is generally used in combination with other ingredients to achieve desired benefits in cosmetics. It may be used directly as a cosmetic additive in personal care products or it may be used as an intermediate to create high performance ingredient blends which are used in personal care formulations. The inherent emolliency characteristics -spreadability, sensory and volatility-are perceived in cosmetic formulations when use MIRASIL CM 4 in both versions.
- Offers smooth light dry feel
- Enhances spreadability and rub-out
- Reduces wet combing damage
- Evaporates fast without residue
- Acts as a carrier for high performance or active ingredients
- Shampoos and rinse-off conditioners
- Hair styling products - cuticle coats, gel, leave-in conditioners
- Antiperspirants and deodorants
- Skin care products - facial and body care products, body washes, make-up removers
- Color cosmetics - foundations, lipsticks, eye shadows
Asia Pacific;Central and South America;North America