|Avoid discharge into drains, water courses or onto the ground. Store in tightly closed original container. Store in a cool, dry place with adequate ventilation. Keep away from incompatible materials, open flames, and high temperatures. Avoid contact with oxidizing agents. Suitable containers: Steel drums coated with epoxy-resin.||Cyclotetrasiloxane||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
MIRASIL® CM 4 volatile silicone fluid is a low viscosity, fast spreading and quickly evaporating silicone cosmetic additive. It provides transient emolliency to hair and skin. It has unique sensory characteristics – light smooth dry feel and slip with non-oily and non-tacky after feel.
MIRASIL® CM 4 is comprised of cyclotetrasiloxane. It is considered a non-Volatile Organic Compound according to U.S. EPA. Another appealing attribute of MIRASIL® CM 4 is high miscibility with silicones and non-silicone emollients such as hydrocarbons, esters, natural oils and alcohols. This is due to the balance of silicone soluble portion and organic soluble portion (see solubility profile) and molecular flexibility.
MIRASIL® CM 4 is generally used in combination with other ingredients to achieve desired benefits in cosmetics. It may be used directly as a cosmetic additive in personal care products or it may be used as an intermediate to create high performance ingredient blends which are used in personal care formulations. The inherent emolliency characteristics -spreadability, sensory and volatility-are perceived in cosmetic formulations when use MIRASIL® CM 4 in both versions.
- Offers smooth light dry feel
- Enhances spreadability and rub-out
- Reduces wet combing damage
- Evaporates fast without residue
- Acts as a carrier for high performance or active ingredients
- Shampoos and rinse-off conditioners
- Hair styling products - cuticle coats, gel, leave-in conditioners
- Antiperspirants and deodorants
- Skin care products - facial and body care products, body washes, make-up removers
- Color cosmetics - foundations, lipsticks, eye shadows
Asia Pacific;Central and South America;North America
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|