It is recommended to stir the product before use (25 kg and 185 kg packaging).
Processing is typically performed in a perforated horizontally rotating drum. Proceed in the following manner (for information purposes only):
- Fill the drum with the amount of cork stoppers to be treated.
- Proceed to a dust removal from the corks by tumbling for around 10 minutes. Use gas flow for dust extraction.
- Add SILBIONE DISPERSION CAF 70004 (by liquid injection or spray).
- Dosage: 250 to 400 g for 10,000 corks sized 48 x 30,5 (agglomerated cork).
- Tumble product and cork stoppers in the drum for 20 minutes. It is recommended to work at room temperature (20-25°C) and at a relative humidity of around 50%.
- Air dry before packaging in sealed bags, or store the treated corks in perforated plastic bags.
- Condition the treated corks for at least 24 hours before delivery.
If the corks have been subjected to a treatment prior to lubrication (for example bleaching, tinting, waxing…) the user must ensure that there is no incompatibility between residues of this prior treatment and the SILBIONE DISPERSION CAF 70004, which could cause problems of adhesion or lubrication.
|SILBIONE DISPERSION CAF 70004 may be stored at temperatures between 2°C / 36°F and 30°C / 86°F for up to 18 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||Cork Closures;Food Contact;Heavy Metals|
SILBIONE DISPERSION CAF 70004
SILBIONE DISPERSION CAF 70004 is a one component silicone elastomer. The product cures at room temperature on contact with atmospheric humidity. It is recommended for use as surface treatment of agglomerated cork stoppers and is homologated for use on champagne bottle corks.
SILBIONE DISPERSION CAF 70004 is a product based on reactive polymethyl siloxane oils and inert fillers. It can be used as a release coating for materials intended for food contact.
Chemical Protection;High Temperature Protection;Non-stick;Release;Slip
1 Part RTV Acetoxy
Cork Closures;Food Contact;Heavy Metals
- Formulation specially designed to provide a very thin layer coating without dilution.
- Easy to process.
- Can be sprayed on.
- Very good surface lubrication of cork stoppers.
- Provides excellent liquid and gas tightness after corking.
- Does not alter the organoleptic properties of liquids it comes into contact with.
- Harmless to the organism.
|Surface treatment for wine and Champagne corks, providing durable slip as well as liquid and gas tightness.|
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America