SILCOLAPSE 426R is most efficient in aqueous systems :
- at all pH's
- in highly turbulent systems.
SILCOLAPSE 426R is normally used at concentrations of between 10 and 1000 mg/kg (or per litre) of system to be defoamed.
SILCOLAPSE 426R is ready to use as delivered, or it can be pre-diluted to around 1% active matter by slowly adding, 29 parts water or foaming system to 1 part of antifoam.
Doing this in reverse order is not recommended.
Prediluting in this manner makes it easier to disperse the antifoam in the system to be defoamed and enables more accurate dosage.
Comment: it is not recommended to store solutions of SILCOLAPSE 426R pre-diluted to less than 1% dry content due to their limited stability over time
|SILCOLAPSE 426R may be stored for up to 15 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||Food Contact;GOTS;OEKO-TEX|
SILCOLAPSE 426R is a non-ionic aqueous emulsion based on polydimethylsiloxane oil. It has 30% active matter content and is recommended for the prevention, control or elimination of foam in aqueous systems.
- Easy to use: it can be used as delivered, or pre-diluted in water or in the aqueous system to be defoamed.
- Low dose efficiency, of around 10 to 1000 mg per kg of system to be defoamed.
- Chemically inert with regards to the substance to be defoamed therefore leaving its properties unchanged.
- Good heat stability: can be heated to for 1 hour without modification of its characteristics or performance levels.
SILCOLAPSE 426R is multi-purpose: it therefore has applications in all types of industries that are faced with problems of controlling problem foams in aqueous systems, at all pH’s.
- Oil and petrochemicals:
- Scrubbing of natural or refinery gas with alkanolamines
- Production of bitumen emulsions
- Agrochemicals: Pesticide compounds (aqueous dispersions)
- Chemicals: Distillation, Production of adhesives and glues
- Textiles industry: Dyeing, printing, oiler rolling.
- Rubber: Compounding of natural or synthetic latex
- Paints inks, varnish: Production and filling
- Homecare products: Production and filling of polishes
- All industries: Effluent treatment
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America