SILCOLAPSE 430 is equally efficacious in aqueous and anhydrous media. It disperses readily provided a suitable thinner is used (see below).
SILCOLAPSE 430 is normally used in a concentration comprised between 1 and 100 mg per kg of medium to be defoamed. It can be used as it is, or if necessary be diluted to a concentration varying between 1 and 10% (slowly add 99 or 90 parts of the chosen diluent to between 1 and 10 parts of SILCOLAPSE 430).
The diluents used will have to comply with the specific application regulations.
Examples of thinners recommended in industrial process aid:
a/ In anhydrous media
- Aliphatic hydrocarbons (hexane, heptane, white spirit, etc...),
- Aromatic hydrocarbons (toluene, xylene, naphta solvent, etc...),
- Chlorinated hydrocarbons (trichlorethylene, perchlorethylene, etc...).
b/ In aqueous media
In this case thinners should be either water-soluble or water dispersible such as :
- ketones, e.g. methylethylketone or methylisobutyl-ketone,
- alcohols, e.g. tertiobutanol, dodecanol-1 or ethyl-2 hexanol,
- ethers, e.g. ethyl ether or isopropyl ether.
Methanol, isopropanol, ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, glycerine, are not recommended for diluting SILCOLAPSE 430, as they are not solvents of the silicone oil in the compound.
Users should make systematic tests to determine the optimum concentration of SILCOLAPSE 430, which generally depends on a number or factors, composition of the medium, temperature, pH and intensity of agitation.
- Prior dilution tests are recommended in all cases before any operation on an industrial scale.
- The colloidal filler in the compound may cause cloudy dilutions.
- The diluted antifoam can be held in a tank for long period without detriment but it should be kept in uniform suspension by means of continuous slow stirring.
|SILCOLAPSE 430 may be stored at a temperature between -5 °C/ 23 °F and 40 °C/ 104 °F for up to 18 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||Food Contact|
SILCOLAPSE 430 is a compound 100% active containing polydimethylsiloxane oil and silica with an excellent behaviour in a large range of pH.
SILCOLAPSE 430 is mainly intended for treatment of anhydrous and aqueous foaming systems and has many applications in industry and food.
- Easy to use: it can be used as supplied, or prediluted in a solvent. It disperses readily in most media. The product can be used with automatic injection systems.
- Low dose efficiency of around 1 to 100 mg per kg of system to be defoamed.
- Chemically inert with regards to the system to be defoamed.
SILCOLAPSE 430 has numerous applications in such fields as:
Alkanolamine washing of natural or refinery gases.
Protection products: Product formulations (emulsifiable concentrates and aqueous dispersions).
Distillation, extraction, evaporation, dissolution, filtration, etc.
· Food contact
SILCOLAPSE 430 can be used as "Food Contact", subject to different national regulations. For further information about relevant legislations and chapters, please contact our technical or sales staff.
Important point: SILCOLAPSE 430 cannot be used as "Food Additive".
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America