SILCOLAPSE 411 is equally efficacious in aqueous and anhydrous media. It is easily dispersed provided a suitable thinner is used (see below).
Recommended concentrations and directions for use:
SILCOLAPSE 411 is normally used in concentrations of 1 to 100 mg per of medium to be defoamed. It can be used as supplied, but it is often preferable to predilute it to a concentration of between 1 and 10%. To do this, slowly add either 99 or 90 parts of the thinner used to 1 or 10 parts respectively of SILCOLAPSE 411.
Prediluting SILCOLAPSE 411: The product can be diluted either in some of the medium to be defoamed (1), or in one of the following thinners, which are all solvents of the silicone oil in the compound, and are soluble, or simply dispersible, in the medium to be defoamed.
a/ use in anhydrous media
The following thinners are recommended:
- aliphatic hydrocarbons (hexane, heptane, white spirit, etc.)
- aromatic hydrocarbons (benzene, totuene, xylene, naphtha solvent, etc.).
- chlorinated hydrocarbons (tri-chlorethylene, perchlorethylene, carbon tetrachloride, etc.)
b/ use in aqueous media
In this case, water-soluble or water-dispersable thinners should be used, such as:
- certain ketones, e.g. methylethylketone or methylisobutylketone
- certain alcohols, e.g. tertiobutanol, dodecanol-1 or ethyl-2 hexanol
- certain ethers, e.g. ethyl ether or isopropyl ether.
Methanol, isopropanol, ethylene glycol, propylene glycol, glycerine, etc. are NOT RECOMMENDED for diluting SILCOLAPSE 411 as they are not solvents of the silicone oil in the compound.
(1) In the case of an aqueous medium, a master dispersion of SILCOLAPSE 411 can be prepared. The homogeneity and lenght of stability of such a dispersion will depend on the degree of agitation, and also on the surfactant and rheological characteristics of the medium concerned.
Prior dilution tests are recommended in all cases before any operations on an industrial scale.
The colloidal filler in the compound may result in cloudy or clear dilutions, depending on the refractive of the thinner.
Use of pre-dilutions:
Examples of final concentrations of antifoam in the medium:
- 1 mg/kg dilute either 1 part of 1% predilution in 10 000 parts of the medium to be defoamed, or 1 part of 10 % predilution in 100 000 parts.
- 100 mg/kg - dilute either 1 part of 1 % predilution in 100 parts of the medium to be defoamed, or 1 part of 10% predilution in 1 000 parts.
Users should make systematic tests to determine the optimum concentration of SILCOLAPSE 411, which generally depends on a number of factors - composition of the medium, temperature, pH and intensity of agitation. We recommend starting a dose of 10 mg of antifoam per kg of medium to be defoamed, and then increasing or decreasing this amount according to results.
|STORAGE -20°C ||No special storage precautions noted. Material is stable under normal conditions. Avoid contact with oxidizing agents. Suitable containers: polyethylene. Plastic lined steel drum.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.||GOTS;OEKO-TEX|
SILCOLAPSE 411 is a compound containing polydimethylsiloxane oil and a mineral filler in colloidal dispersion. It is intended mainly for treating anhydrous media, but also aqueous media, in numerous industries (oil, chemicals, metallurgy, etc.). Its low viscosity and its efficiency in alkaline media are of particular interest.
SILCOLAPSE 411 is intended for industrial use only, and should not be used in the manufacture of foodstuffs, cosmetics or pharmaceutical products.
SILCOLAPSE 411 offers the following advantages.
- Ease of use: SILCOLAPSE 411 can be used as supplied or, prediluted in a solvent or in some of the medium to be defoamed (see paragraph on Processing).
It disperses readily in most media.
The low viscosity of the product enables it to be ised with automatic injection systems.
- Efficiency: SILCOLAPSE 411 is efficacious at low doses, from about 1 to 100 mg per kg of medium to be defoamed.
- Inertness: SILCOLAPSE 411 is chemically inert towards media to be defoamed, and therefore does not affect their properties.
SILCOLAPSE 411 is intended for general use in such fields as:
· Oil: Alkanolamine washing of natural or refinery gases.
· Chemicals and chemical engineering: Distillation, extraction, evaporation and filtration operations. Manufacture of glues and adhesives.
· Metallurgy: Additive for soluble oils.
· Domestic cleansers: Manufacture of wax and polish.
Public works: Asphalt packaging and transport.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America
|For information about Storage and Shelf Life for this product, please download the Technical Data Sheet.|