Remix each of the 2 components (base and catalyst) every time before using.
1. Mixing of the two components
To 100 parts of BLUESIL RTV 3221 add 5 parts by weight of the selected catalyst. The two components are thoroughly mixed either using an electrical or pneumatic mixer, on a low speed setting so as to limit the inclusion of air in the mixture as well as the temperature rise.
After mixing base and catalyst, it is recommended to eliminate entrapped air. If the processing is done with the help of a machine both parts are degassed before mixing.
The BLUESIL RTV 3221 is degassed under a vacuum of 30 to 50 mbar.
Under vacuum pressure, the product will expand 3 at 4 times its initial volume and forms bubbles on its surface.
These bubbles will disappear gradually and the mixture will sink back down to its initial volume within 5 minutes. Release the vacuum and repeat the operation a few minutes later.
Remark: release the vacuum several times improves the degassing. For easier degassing only fill a recipient to 1/3 of its height.
3. Cross linking
The best curing conditions are at 23°C and 50 % relative humidity. The use of products at higher temperatures and / or relative humidity levels will reduce the pot life and increase the setting rate.
As opposed to this, lower temperatures and relative humidity levels will increase the pot life and decrease the setting time. It is recommended not to use the product at temperatures below 20°C under these conditions, the final product performance levels will be difficult to achieve.
At 23°C and 50 % relative humidity, the moulds can be demoulded after 6 hours for BLUESIL CATA 6H and 24 hours for BLUESIL CATA 24H. In order to achieve the best possible performance levels from the moulds, it is preferable to wait for 24 hours before using them. The definitive properties will be acquired after 3 days.
|BLUESIL RTV 3221 may be stored at a temperature below 40 °C/ 104 °F for up to 18 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL RTV 3221
BLUESIL RTV 3221 is a silicone elastomer which, after the addition of catalyst, cures at room temperature and leads to flexible and elastic material.
2 Part RTV
These catalysts have the advantage of being odourless.
- Good fluidity.
- Excellent flexibility and its low modulus facilitate mould release.
- Range of catalysts allows the BLUESIL RTV 3221 to fulfil requirements for various applications:
- BLUESIL CATA 24H: standard kinetics (24 hours demould)
- BLUESIL CATA 6H: fast kinetics (6 hours demould)
Production of high-flexibility moulds used in the art and decoration field:
- Mouldings for single reproduction or for those limited to only a few examples: theatrical, movies industry and television special effects and statuary arts.
- Wax mouldings for artistic foundry work and fancy jewellery.
- Repeated mouldings: production of figurines.
- Mouldings in the craft and "Do it yourself" fields
- Building trade: pre-production of decorative items.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America