Preferred mixing method:
1) Weigh out the appropriate amount of SiH/Crosslinker containing silicone (usually Part B).
2) Add the desired amount of additive to the Part B and mix this blend with standard mechanical mixing equipment.
3) Add the Part A to this blend and mix with standard equipment.
Note: some customers will find that good mixing with clean spatulas will work as well, but this order of addition tends to work the best.
Second mixing method:
1) Mix Parts A&B of the silicone polyaddition product as per the appropriate technical data sheet.
2) Add the additive to the mixed silicone and blend using standard mechanical mixing equipment.
Note: some customers will find that good mixing with clean spatulas by hand will work as well.
Mixing Silbione® Flesh 10 Additive with the platinum part of a two-part polyaddition silicone (usually Part A) alone should not be done.
Addition of Silbione® Flesh 10 Additive tends to slow down the cure of two-part polyaddition products. So, experiments will need to be done by the user to determine appropriate curing times depending upon the silicone used with the additive. We have tested this with Silbione® RTV 4410 QC. We found that that the product cures sufficiently at levels up to 175 parts of additive to 100 parts of mixed Silbione® RTV 4410 QC A&B by allowing the product to cure 24 hours at 25°C or 1 hour at 70°C.
Special care must be taken to assure clean molds and a clean work area with no organic rubbers used on the same processing equipment. Traces of foreign materials can poison the catalyst and inhibit the cure. All metering and mixing equipment should be thoroughly cleaned. Polymer systems, which contain traces of amines, sulfur, nitrogen oxide, organotin compounds and carbon monoxide can interfere with the cure of this product and should be avoided.
|SILBIONE FLESH 10 ADD may be stored for up to 12 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
SILBIONE FLESH 10 ADD
Flesh 10 Additive is for polyaddition (platinum) cured mold making
and special effects silicone products.
2 Part RTV
- Lower durometer/hardness when added to polyaddition cured silicone products
- Higher tear strength compared to other low resilience product additives
- No post cure is needed for the polyaddition/silicone additive blends after initial cure
- Molding life like parts
- Orthopedic & Prosthetic
- Shock Resistance - low loss modulus
- Special Effects
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America