BLUESIL LSR 8540 SFR A&B is a two component system.
To 1 part of BLUESIL LSR 8540 SFR A, add 1 part of BLUESIL LSR 8540 SFR B.
The two components are thoroughly mixed using an electrical or pneumatic mixer, on a low speed setting so as to limit the inclusion of air in the mixture.
BLUESIL LSR 8540 SFR A&B is degased under a 20 to 40 mbar vacuum.
The crosslinking reaction can be slowed down or even inhibited on contact with substances containing sulphur, amines, or tin salts.
|BLUESIL LSR 8540 SFR B may be stored at temperatures between -10°C / 14°F and 30°C / 86°F for up to 12 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
BLUESIL LSR 8540 SFR B
BLUESIL LSR 8540 SFR A&B is a two components, addition cure, silicone elastomer. Curing occurs by heating.
The silicone materials are delivered as two viscous liquid components, which once mixed and cured, transform into an elastic and resistant elastomer.
2 Part RTV
- Easy processing, due to the good fluidity of A and B parts (mixed in a 1/1 ratio).
- Easy curing, indeed BLUESIL LSR 8540 SFR A&B has a high pot life at ambient temperature (around 3 days) and can cure, even in the total absence of air or humidity, so that neither the section thickness nor the degree of confinement have an effect on the speed and uniformity of curing of this elastomer.
- This curing becomes very fast above .
- No by-product after vulcanization and no post curing.
- Good mechanical characteristics notably with a good compromise between tensile strength and resiliency.
- Excellent dielectrical properties and particularly a high salt fog resistance.
- Highly hydrophobic with a high capacity for hydrophobic recovery in polluted atmospheres.
- Good UV and Ozone resistance.
- Production of elastomeric sheds and housings for composite insulators and surge arrestors.
- Production of junctions and cable terminations.
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America