SILCOLAPSE 414 is most efficient in aqueous systems:
· at all pH's and especially in alkaline systems
· In highly turbulent systems
SILCOLAPSE 414 is normally used at concentrations of between 10 and 1000 mg/kg (or per litre) of system to be defoamed.
SILCOLAPSE 414 is ready to use as delivered, or it can be pre-diluted to around 1% active matter by slowly adding, 14 parts water or foaming system to 1 part of antifoam.
Doing this in reverse order is not recommended.
Prediluting in this manner makes it easier to disperse the antifoam in the system to be defoamed and enables more accurate dosage.
Comment: it is not recommended to store solutions of SILCOLAPSE 414 pre-diluted to less than 1% dry content due to their limited stability over time.
|SILCOLAPSE 414 may be stored at temperatures between 2°C / 36°F and 30°C / 86°F for up to 12 months from its date of manufacturing.||Please consult the Safety Data Sheet of this product.|
SILCOLAPSE 414 is a non-ionic aqueous emulsion based on polydimethylsiloxane oil.
It has 15% active matter content and is recommended for the prevention, control or elimination of foam in aqueous systems.
- Easy to use: it can be used as delivered or pre-diluted in water or in the aqueous system to be defoamed.
- Highly efficient at all pH's, Low dose efficiency, of around 10 to 1000 mg per kg of system to be defoamed.
- Chemically inert with regards to the substance to be defoamed therefore leaving its properties unchanged.
SILCOLAPSE 414 is multi-purpose: it therefore has applications in all types of industries that are faced with problems of controlling problem foams in aqueous systems.
Chemicals and petrochemicals:
- Distillation, extraction, evaporation, filtration
- Polymerisation of latex
- Propylene oxide production
- Acrylonitrile synthesis
- Compounding of latex for mortars
- Conventional dyeing, finishing, etc.
- Processing of synthetic latex
Finishing of leathers
Asia Pacific;Europe Middle East Africa;Central and South America;North America