Taking technical textiles to the next level of performance
There is an increasing demand for technical fibers and textiles in a very wide range of areas, from consumer goods to specialist applications. R&D developers, product designers and manufacturers are constantly seeking to develop new and innovative high-performance textiles that enhance functional efficiency, comfort and safety.
Silicones are the material of choice for the coating of technical textiles because they are versatile, easy to process, provide innovative performance features and guarantee durability. Elkem Silicones is committed to pushing the limits of what technical textiles can do.
Bluesil™ TCS (Textile Coating Silicones) systems are specifically engineered taking into account the characteristics of both the substrates and the processes, enabling optimized interaction between the textile and the coating material. The textile composite can then provide the best possible functions for each application, including:
Tensile and tear strength
Thermal, fire and UV resistance
Ageing performance and durability
Compatibility with human health and safety needs, as well as comfort features
Here are a few examples of applications:
· Airbags: Bluesil™ TCS products deliver the best and most durable compatibility with nylon and polyester textile substrates, thus ensuring that lighter and smaller airbags inflate in a split second at the time of deployment.
· Protective fabrics: BLUESIL™ TCS silicones products are exceptionally resistant and withstand the harshest conditions of use. They bring added insulation, as well as barrier properties against liquids, in particular to medical garments or personal protective equipment.
· Sports: Specially engineered emulsions and formulations for textile coating applications make it possible to manufacture lighter and more flexible textiles that provide waterproofing and the capacity to withstand harsh weather conditions. TCS anti-slip products also keep stockings in place and provide grip.
· Architecture: Membranes and covering textiles used in buildings use silicones to provide high-level mechanical properties, environmental resistance features and aesthetic qualities, such as luminosity. Bluesil™ TCS products also enable these textiles to meet the highest safety standards.
· Printing: Bluesil™ TCS ink matrices are esthetically pleasing, durable, safe for human beings and environmentally friendly, eliminating the use of hazardous PVC and phthalates.
Elkem Silicones experts are available worldwide to advise you upstream and make sure that our products do exactly what is needed in your specific textile manufacturing processes, on a case-by-case basis. Bluesil™ TCS ingredients and formulations meet the highest quality standards and are easy to process and cost effective. We work closely with manufacturers to meet current needs and in long-term R&D partnerships to develop new products and meet evolving market demand and regulatory requirements. We also offer complete support services through our worldwide network, including reliable procurement and technical services.